Westmoreland events: spaghetti dinners, photography exhibition, etc.
• A exposure featuring the works of local photographer Rob McLaughlin will be March 25-26 at the Jeannette Area Historical Society, 415 Clay Ave. Hours are 4-9 p.m. March 25 with cheese and wine tasting, and noon-4 p.m. March 26 with light refreshments. Donations will be accepted for the benefit of the historical society.
• Union Presbyterian Church, 656 Route 380, Washington Township, will have a clearance sale from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on March 24 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 25 at the church. Donations will be accepted. No furniture, jewelry or antiques please. Food will be sold.
• A crafts and vendors fair in aid of Clairview School for Students with Special Needs will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 26 at the school, 215 Donohoe Road, Hempfield. Free entrance. There will be a bake sale, basket raffle and food trucks. Proceeds will be used to purchase accessible picnic tables and support school activities.
• Youngwood Lions will sponsor its semi-annual take-out breakfast pancakes, sausages and eggs from 8 a.m. to noon March 26 at Christ United Methodist Church, 100 Lincoln St., Youngwood. Cost: $7; children 6 to 12 years old, $3.
• A spaghetti dinner will be served from 1 to 5 p.m. March 26 at Greensburg Brethren Church, 554 Stanton Street, Greensburg. Menu: spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, cake and drink, $8. Dine in or take away. Profits will be used to feed the hungry.
• A takeaway dish stuffed chicken breast dinner will be held from 4-7 p.m. March 26 at Gary’s Chuckwagon Restaurant, 109 S. Second St., West Newton, to benefit the West Newton Little House Association. Menu: stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes, green beans, apple compote, roll and butter and white or chocolate cake and drink, $15. Tickets: 724-872-7937 or drop by the restaurant.
• A spaghetti dinner will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. on March 26 in the social hall of Derry First United Methodist Church, 311 N. Ligonier St. Menu: spaghetti, meatballs, salad, roll and cake, $7. Dine in or take away. Reservations: 724-694-8333.
• The Christian Parish of the Mothers and Ladies of Seven Sorrows will sponsor a spring supper event from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 27 in the church social hall, 102 Center Street, Yukon. Admission: $10; under 10, $5. A variety of soups, sandwiches and desserts will be served and there will be a basket raffle and a 50/50 raffle.
• St. Elizabeth Seton Parish, 200 Léger Road, North Huntingdon, will host a Night at the races April 2 at Mack Hall Church. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. and dinner will be at 5:30 p.m. Admission: $25, includes food, dessert, unlimited soft drinks, beer and the right to name a horse/jockey/stable. BYOB and snacks. There will be an auction of baskets, a 50/50 raffle and paint sticks. The winner does not need to be present. You must be at least 21 years old to attend. Reservations: seasnh.org. Details: Julie McNamara, 412-310-1505 or the parish office, 724-864-6364.
• St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church, Ligonier Township, is accepting orders from a sale of stuffed cabbage. Cost: $25 per dozen, $15 for six. Order deadline: April 3. Pick-up: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 10 at the church, 315 Wilpen Road. Payment on collection, cash or check only. Orders: Stevie, 724-238-2286, or Barb, 724-238-5800, leave your name, phone number and quantity.
• Excela Health will offer a wellness check-up diagnostic screenings from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on April 2 at Greensburg Senior Life, 123 Triangle Drive. Sponsored by Greensburg Rotary. Covid-19 instructions will be respected. Appointment required. Registration and details: 877-771-1234, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays.
• The army of Sage will celebrate its tenand birthday 3-7 p.m. March 30 at Westmoreland County Community College’s Student Achievement Building Event Center, 145 Pavilion Lane, Hempfield. There will be food, music, speakers and a basket draw. Donations for the benefit of the Army of Sage will be accepted.
• The 48and annual Good Friday family prayer BreakfastsIt will be held at 7 a.m. on April 15 at the Stratigos Banquet Center, 131 Colonial Manor Road, North Huntingdon. Cost: $16. A dinner will be held at 7 p.m. on April 14 at the same location. Cost: $28. Edward M. Kobel, President and COO of DeBartolo Development LLC, will be the keynote speaker at both events. Tickets: pit.cbmc.com or Boice Bailey, 724-689-3305 or Paul Schimizzi, 724-834-8440, ext. 1205. Sponsored by Greensburg Christian Businessmen’s Connection and Greensburg Kiwanis.
Submissions from nonprofit organizations for Briefly Speaking can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Briefly Speaking, 210 Wood St., Tarentum PA 15084. Include a full address and number phone during the day. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each advertisement is printed once; there are no fees.